HP LaserJet 4MV

How to Identify and Fix Common Problems ?

Our sources include academic articles, blog posts, and personal essays from experienced technical support :

If you are seeing the 41.3 error on a LaserJet 4, 4Plus, or 5 series printer, and you find a blank sheet of paper in the path, your printer is probably having a failure with the solenoid on the paper feed assembly. This is becoming a common issue as these printers get older.
Along with this, the printer is designed with a monthly duty cycle of 175,000 pages for durability and longevity.
In Windows, search for and open Add a printer or scanner . Click Add a printer or scanner, and then wait for Windows to locate available printers. If your printer is found, click it, and then click Add device to complete the driver installation.
Your printer should have been packaged with a USB cable regardless of whether it is a wireless or wired printer. Plug the cable into your printer and your computer`s USB port. The direct linking should trigger your computer to recognize the printer and start up the software needed to complete the installation.
In some cases the reason for error code 41.7 is that the rollers grabbing fresh paper are not sticky enough any more. In this case I used spray for climbing skins (e.g. colltex) to make them stickier again, and the problem was resolved.
The printer stops feeding pages, the control panel displays an alternating E and 4, and the Error icon , Paper Error icon , and Resume light blink. This indicates that paper might be jammed inside the printer. Paper jams can be real or false. The printer might report a paper jam even when there is no jammed paper.
Up to 80,000 pages 3 (Duty cycle is defined as the maximum number of pages per month of imaged output.
Duty cycle is the ratio of time a load or circuit is ON compared to the time the load or circuit is OFF. Duty cycle, sometimes called “duty factor,” is expressed as a percentage of ON time. A 60% duty cycle is a signal that is ON 60% of the time and OFF the other 40%.
A printer driver is a piece of software that translates your computer data into a format your printer can understand. Each printer is built with different hardware and software, so your computer needs to learn how to give instructions to each particular machine. That`s what a printer driver is used for.
A WPS pin, or Wi-Fi Protected Setup Pin, is an 8 digit combination of numbers and/or letters used by your wireless router (Wi-Fi) to encrypt and protect your home network. It`s like a password that can be found in the back or bottom of all routers.
Requirements: Operating System – Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1, Windows 10.

Relevant Questions and Answers :

the most relevant questions and answers related to your specific issue

HP Laserjet M3035xs RFU Upgrade
ANSWER : There’s no way.

Read Full Q/A … :

HP LaserJet 4MV

evenly spaced horizontal lines on hp laserjet III printout
ANSWER : The lines would be a toner cartridge problem. Which paper tray? The MF tray or the optional paper cassette?

Read Full Q/A … :

HP LaserJet 4MV

HP laser jet 3015 "Upgrade Error Call HP Support"
ANSWER : rgtr

Read Full Q/A … :

HP LaserJet 4MV

HP Laserjet 4250 – RFU LOAD ERROR
ANSWER : Italiano:

Read Full Q/A … :

HP LaserJet 4MV

How to copy a card slot in HP laserjet 4250N
ANSWER : None that I know of, using a computer is likely your best option but I never attempted it.

Read Full Q/A … :

HP LaserJet 4MV

What repair needs to be done for a "50 needs repair" message on an HP Laserjet IIIP?
ANSWER : I don’t know what you mean by good toner cartridges. They haven’t been built in about 10 years, so if they are new OEMs in the box, they are guaranteed to fail. The 50 error on that printer is mostly a burned out fuser lamp. This site was sold, so as you can see, there are no more kits available.

Read Full Q/A … :

HP LaserJet 4MV

HP Laserjet 4200 50.2 Fuser error
ANSWER : if you are using a good fuser the next part to try would be low voltage power supply

Read Full Q/A … :

HP LaserJet 4MV

HP LaserJet 2200D won't print configuration page
ANSWER : Find someone with a HP LaserJet 4100 and you can configure the card to the IP you want:

Read Full Q/A … :

HP LaserJet 4MV